This little KDE kicker applet monitors the VDR video recorder. It creates an icon in the KDE system tray showing some informations about the VDR:
- The current state (playing, recording, idle).
- The time of the next scheduled recording(s) or the time to this recording(s)
- A tooltip displays the name(s) of the running recording(s)
- The tray icon shows disk usage if we run out of space
- A window pops up if a recording has started or finished
- You can select sound files for playing on started or finished recordings and for playing on disk space problems
- Multiple clients can connect to the vdrmon plugin
- The applet can shutdown the own computer after the current/next recording has finished
The application consists of two parts: vdr-kvdrmon (a vdr plugin) and kvdrmon (the KDE kicker applet).