vdr-convert version 2 released
I'm pleased to announce that version 2 of vdr-convert has been released today
There are several significant new features:
- Option to convert to H265/HEVC via new -v switch, with potential for file size 1/2 of H264, 1/4 of MPEG2
- Multiple format options in single-use/batch modes via -f flag: avi, mkv, mp4, mov, m2ts, ts, aac, m4a and mp3
- A new debug function facilitated testing and the creation of an extensive player/format/stream compatibility matrix at:
"In summary, some players are good for almost all formats, and if you don't need subtitles or automatic aspect ratio switching, most players will play most formats"
- Added support for Fraunhofer AAC codec and libmp3lame codec for mp3 via new -a switch
- Added automatic conversion of AC3/DTS streams in VDR1.x recordings
- Added automatic conversion of editing marks to .edl files for Kodi, mplayer in single-use mode
- Info, warn and error criticality for different types of problems + optional email at criticality "error"
- Conversion runtime + realtime/runtime ratio logged
- Wiki extensively updated with new options at https://projects.vdr-developer.org/projects/vdr-convert/wiki
+Various other fixes and improvements; todo's cleared